Sunday, November 8, 2009

Blog #5

Obviously, being as I wrote the entry I think Holden has a lack of respect for authority and lack of motivation. I do also believe this applies to many students today. As far as what to do to help them, I am unsure. It is hard to motivate a student to do well. The only thing I could think of is maybe to raise the standards that schools have set forth. I say this because many students do just enough to get by, and graduate. If the standards for graduation are higher, then the students will have to do more to graduate. I also believe you gain your sense of respect for authority at home when you are young. If your parents set forth rules, and make you follow them than you are more likely to respect other authority figures, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment