Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Marriage Poem

Do you take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife?
And with that begins a whole new chapter in your life
Should I say "I do?"
Should I get married? Should I be good?

Am I truly happy?
Is this what I truly want?
Am I truly in love?
These days people get married just because they should
Not for the right reasons
Not for love
Not for happiness
But because they should
We marry for money, or for status
To raise a family, or to leave your old life behind
We need to marry for love, and for happiness

Divorces are all too common
They are a bad ending to what should be a great story
They ruin lives
They cause people to choose sides
Marriage should not come this

When you make your decision,
Be certain it is the right one
Be certain you are doing it for love, and for happiness






No comments:

Post a Comment